Green Practices at The Lafayette
The Lafayette Hotel is certified at the highest compliance level of ‘Environmentalist’ by the California Department of General Services Green Lodging Program. Our green practices include:
- Onsite energy production; 40KW Fuel Cells, which also heat our pool and hot water supply.
- Recycling receptacles in all guest rooms and common areas.
- Newspapers only available upon requested.
- Electronic billing
- Biodegradable key cards
- Optional linen and towel reuse programs for multiple night guests
- Motion sensors in low traffic areas
- Energy efficient light bulbs
- Energy Star equipment
- Water conservation bulletins
- Organic fertilizers and soil amendments
- Use of organic cleaners
- Energy usage monitoring