Who read this brilliant and highly acclaimed article on The Lafayette Hotel in the LA Times and raved by Forbes as, "hip"! We are thrilled to be recognized in the LA Times! With the article written by Irene Lechowitzky and published on January 13, 2013, the LA Times describes The Lafayette with two simple words; edgy and cool. Lechowitzky comments, "San Diego's North Park made Forbes' list of America's Hippest Hipster Neighborhoods in September, joining such spots as L.A.'s Silver Lake and San Francisco's Mission District. North Park has all the ingredients for the cool school: It's culturally diverse and has art galleries, boutiques, trendy bars with handcrafted cocktails and local brews, and foodie-approved eateries".
For the entire article in the LA Times, click on the link below!
Article in the LA Times on The Lafayette Hotel
The Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows
T 619.296.2101 F 619.296.0512
Imig's Kitche & Bar
The Lafayette Hotel is certified at the highest compliance level of ‘Environmentalist’ by the California Department of General Services Green Lodging Program. Our green practices include:
- Onsite energy production; 40KW Fuel Cells, which also heat our pool and hot water supply.
- Recycling receptacles in all guest rooms and common areas.
- Newspapers only available upon requested.
- Electronic billing
- Biodegradable key cards
- Optional linen and towel reuse programs for multiple night guests
- Motion sensors in low traffic areas
- Energy efficient light bulbs
- Energy Star equipment
- Water conservation bulletins
- Organic fertilizers and soil amendments
- Use of organic cleanersEnergy usage monitoring